Define Card Types
The Issue, User Story, and Defect are the default card types available on the SwiftKanban board. An organization can define custom Card Types based on the business need.
The Iforms (Intelligent Forms) with a drag-drop interface helps to capture any additional business attributes specific to your business. You can add your specific Class of Service (CoS) definitions, Sizing parameters or other custom attributes for each Card Type.
The custom attributes that you create will be available to capture data in the Detail view of the card type. Currently, the card on the board allows capturing information for default fields only.
- Create Your Own Card Type
- Editing Card Type Name
- Modify Layout of Card Type
- Modify List View of Card Type
- Delete Card Attributes
Create your own Card Type
To create your own Card Type:
- Navigate to Admin >> Settings.
- In the List of Card Types view, click the Create icon.
- Enter the Card Name. Ensure that the card type name does not contain any of these special characters — [ ] ? / \ *. The export process of cards will fail due to the limitation of Microsoft Excel that the worksheet name cannot contain these characters.
- Enter the short Code to identify the card type.
- Select the color for the card type which will be used to identify the card type on the board. You may change the color later.
- Enter the description for the card type. The description that you add to any card type can act as an explicit policy that can guide the usage of various card types. This can be viewed by the team members on the Kanban board before adding a card by just hovering on the ‘Card Type’ label in the ‘Legend’ menu.
- Click Submit.
The card type is now listed in the List of Cards Types view.
You can create a card type from any of the boards, which will be listed here in the Admin >> Settings view. You can enable it for the board from where you created it, change the card color and define a default To-Do list for it. However, to define the layout, List view, custom fields, etc., you will have to configure the card type from this view.
Editing the Card Type Name
To change the card type name, in the Admin >> Settings List view, double-click the required card type. In the Iform Editor of the card type which appears, on the left-hand side i.e. Settings pane, edit the Iform Name and click Save on the Settings toolbar. Ensure that the card type name does not contain any of these special characters — [ ] ? / \ *. The export process of cards will fail due to the limitation of Microsoft Excel that the worksheet name cannot contain these characters — [ ] ? / \ *.
On saving the change successfully, the name will be changed throughout the application. Note that it is not changeable for a single board.
Modify Card Type Colors
The color you choose for a card type will be the default color of cards in the application. To change the color, in the List of Cards Types view, double-click to open the color palette and click the required color box. Once a project is created, it will inherit these default colors for card types. You can change the card type color in your project which will be specific to your project. See Configure Card Types on Board help topic on how to change the color for the card type enabled in your project.
Iform Editor View of a Card Type
After you add a Card Type, you may add and modify card attributes by double-clicking the card type from the list. The Iform Editor view for the card type appears.
The header on the left pane of the Iform Editor indicates the Card Type name. Below the header there are six tabs:
- Modify Layout: In the Layout view, you can view what fields exists in the card type. The existing fields in the card type are- Title, Description, etc. and metric-related fields. These are system fields or attributes that appear by default. You can add new fields and modify field attributes in the Card Summary section. However, you cannot modify the default fields.
- Modify List View: In the List view, you can choose to view or not view the field column in the List view of the Card Type. For example, List of User Stories typically display Title, Priority, Current owner, etc. You can also reorder the fields so as to view required columns in the List view for the card type.
- Save: Saves all changes you make to the card type.
- Preview: You can get a preview of how the Detail view of a card type will look like after you add or remove fields in the card type.
- Activity Log: The Activity Log maintains log for every change, which will enable you to track the changes made in the configuration of card types.
- Cancel: Discards the changes you make to the card type.
Modify Layout of the Card Type
To capture information based on your need, you can add new fields and configure them. On adding, the field will appear in the Detail view of the card.
Later, you can modify the Field Label, mandatory option, etc., but not the Field Type and Input Method for custom fields.
For default fields, you cannot modify any fields, except the Include in List View option. The default fields are ID, Title, Description, Priority, Class of Service, Size, Current Owner, etc. and metrics-related fields.
To add and configure fields:
- In the List of Card Types view, double-click the card type you want to which you want to add a field/attribute. The Iform Editor view displays the Layout view with the Details section that lists the default fields in the card type.
- You can modify the Layout by adding or removing fields, or changing the attributes such as marking/unmarking as mandatory, disabling i.e. hide a field or display a field, Including/Excluding the field in List view of the card Type.
- To add a field, click the Add icon to add a new field below an existing field. A blank field row is added below. From the Available Field Types section on the top-left corner, drag the Field Type (for example, Integer) to the new field row. The blank row now displays the Field Type i.e. New Integer Field in red. Click to select and define the field properties for the new field. In the Properties pane on the left.
- Enter appropriate values to configure the field. The Field Type and List Position is displayed by default. Enter the name for the field in the Field Label. Note that these special characters i.e. #,@,%,/,,&,$,?,*,|,:,<,>,-,’ – are not allowed in field label. Select the attributes for the new field as explained below. To save the newly created field, click the Save icon in the right toolbar of the Iform Editor View.
- To mark the field mandatory, select Yes in the Mandatory option, else select No.
- To make the field available to capture information, select No in the Disable option for the field to appear in the card type.
- For the field to be listed in the List view of the card type, select Yes in the 'Include in List View' option, else select No. For example, Project > Backlog » Issues displays the Issues List View with the field columns displayed in the order defined in the List View.
- In the Input method, to enable users to enter a value, select Manual Entry. To enable users to select values from the available list, select Static List. (The list of values can be maintained by editing the required Master List at Admin > Settings » Master Lists View. For more information on defining master lists, refer to the Define Master Lists article.).
- Click Save in the Properties pane to save the Field Properties.
- To change the field type, click the Close icon in the field box and drag the new field type from the Available Field Types section to the field row in the Details tab. To remove a field. click the Close icon in the field row, and then click the Delete (Remove the row) icon.
You can click the Preview
icon on the toolbar to preview the modified layout of the card type.
Click the Save
icon on the toolbar to save the layout changes.
When adding or editing the card details
on the board, the custom fields appear in the order these are added in the card type layout. These will appear after the default attributesi.e. Priority, Due date, etc.
Modifying the List View of Card Type
You may choose to view fields as columns in the List view of the card types so that field values for cards can be seen in one view.. For example, In List of User Stories in Project >> Cards »» User Stories, you can view columns in the order Priority, Current Owner, and so on. These fields can further be used in filtering the list based on specific values such as Critical, Medium, etc. in the column, Priority. You can modify the List view for the card type for greater visibility in the List view by choosing to view the field and selecting the position.
Note that the Exported Excel/CSV File for the Card Type will display columns in the order defined i.e. the List position entered for the Card Type fields in the List View.
To select a field (appearing as a column/Filter List ) in the List View of the card type, click the List view tab in the Iform Editor. Double-click and select Yes (if it is set to No) in the Include in List View option.
To select the position or modify the position for an already displaying column, double-click the List Position cell for the column/field. Enter the value and click OK. If the position is already selected for another field, modify the position of that field. Ensure that the position does not repeat for any other field and the position values are sequentially correct.
After you have set the order for the fields, click Save on the right of the List view tab.
Delete Card Attributes
You may delete a card attribute i.e. a field even if the cards are created for that card type and text is entered in that field.
You cannot delete default card attributes such as ID, Title, Description, Priority, Class of Service, Size, Current Owner, etc. and metrics-related fields.
To delete a card attribute:
1.Navigate to Admin >> Settings.
2.In the List of Card Types view, double-click the card type from which you want to delete a field/attribute. The Iform Editor view appears. On the left pane, in the Layout >> Details section, fields are listed on the left pane.
3.Click the Delete icon on the field row you want to delete. This deletes the field. Click Yes in the Delete Confirmation window and click OK in Message window. Note that the Delete icon is available only for custom attributes and not default attributes.
4.Now, click the Remove this Row icon in the empty row to delete it. You will not be able to see the field in the Detail view of the card nor in the Iform Editor view of the card type.
Note: If you click ‘Remove this row’ icon directly, without clicking the Delete icon, a message appears informing to clear the cells before removing the row.
After you configure the card type, a project manager needs to select the Card Type in the Board Layout to make it available in the project/Kanban board. See Modify Kanban Board Process.