To capture information based on your need, you can add new fields and configure them. On adding, the field will appear in the Detail view of the card.
For default fields, you cannot modify any fields, except the Include in List View option. The default fields are ID, Title, Description, Priority, Class of Service, Size, Current Owner, etc. and metrics-related fields.
To add and configure fields:
1.In the List of Card Types view, double-click the card type you want to which you want to add a field/attribute.
2.To add a field, click the Add icon to add a new field below an existing field. A blank field row is added below.
3.From the Available Field Types section in the drop-down, select the Field Type (for example, Integer) to the new field. The blank row now displays the Field Type i.e. New Integer Field in red.
4.Click to select and define the field properties for the new field.Enter appropriate values to configure the field. The Field Type and List Position is displayed by default.
- Enter the name for the field in the Field Label. Note that these special characters i.e. #,@,%,/,,&,$,?,*,|,:,<,>,-,’ – are not allowed in field label. Select the attributes for the new field as explained below. To save the newly created field, click the Save icon in the auto-hide toolbar..
- To mark the field mandatory, select Yes in the Mandatory option, else select No.
- To make the field available to capture information, select No in the Disable option for the field to appear in the card type.
- For the field to be listed in the List view of the card type, select Yes in the 'Include in List View' option, else select No. For example, Project > Backlog » Issues displays the Issues List View with the field columns displayed in the order defined in the List View.
- In the Input method, to enable users to enter a value, select Manual Entry. To enable users to select values from the available list, select Static List. (The list of values can be maintained by editing the required Master List at Admin > Settings » Master Lists View
- List Position -To select the position or modify the position for an already displaying column, double-click the List Position cell for the column/field. Enter the value. If the position is already selected for another field, modify the position of that field. Ensure that the position does not repeat for any other field and the position values are sequentially correct.
5.You can click the Preview tab on the toolbar to preview the modified layout of the card type.
6. Save it by clicking Save icon in the auto-hide toolbar.
Delete Card Attributes
You may delete a card attribute i.e. a field even if their cards are created for that card type and text is entered in that field.You cannot delete default card attributes such as ID, Title, Description, Priority, Class of Service, Size, Current Owner, etc. and metrics-related fields.
To delete a card attribute:
1.Navigate to Admin >> Settings.
2.In the List of Card Types view, double-click the card type from which you want to delete a field/attribute. Select Fields section under the Card Field Editor view, all fields are listed.
3.Click the Delete Icon on the field row you want to delete as shown below. This deletes the field.
Note: You can also view the old Iform Editor by clicking on Old View beside Card Field Editor.
After you configure the card type, a project manager needs to select the Card Type in the Board Layout to make it available in the project/Kanban board. See Board Editor