Viewing Hierarchy Progress of Cards
Hierarchy progress bar provides the visual indication of how much progress has been made by the card and its children. It provides an opportunity to illustrate the amount of work done and status of card completion. This circular progress bar, which represents the progression state using percentage, appears on the extreme top-left of a parent card.
Let us now understand how we can use the Hierarchy Progress feature to monitor and manage the work progression effectively and efficiently.
Note: The prgression percentage of the parent card is calculated based on the
- To know the overall percentage of the parent card, hover over the Hierarchy Progress icon. In Fig. 1, hovering over the Hierarchy progress icon of the parent card UST1 shows its progression percentage, which is 40.28%.
on the total completion percentage of its immediate child cards. To know more about the calculation of progression percentage, see this topic
Fig 1: Hierarchy Progress icon
- To know the completion percentage of each linked child cards, click the Hierarchy Progress icon. The card progress view is now displayed. Fig. 2 shows the Card Progress view of the parent card UST1
Fig 2: Child card Progress view
In the Card Progress view, you can find following information:
- The view shows completion details of immediate child cards. The view graphically represents child cards and their current completion status on a scale of 0% - 100%.
Note: Each row in the view represents different card type with distinct colour. In Fig. 2, the first row has cards of card type as Global Items (GLI) in pink, second row has Task card type in orange, and so on.
- Hovering these child cards displays the percentage of card completion and other necessary details such as Title, Current Queue, and Board. In Fig. 2, the Card Progress view shows that there are 2 cards with the same card type and both having 0% completion.
Note: Number of cards will be visible only when at least 2 cards having same card type and same completion percentage will be present in the Card Progress view.
Fig.3: Child card completion rate
You can get a quick glimpse of the parent card progress by clicking the icon.
To view the linked Cards (parent-child relationship), in the Card Progress view, click theLinked Cards icon , or double click the Hierarchy Progress icon . The Linked Cards tab is displayed.
Fig.4: Linked Card view
: Based on your access level to a particular board, you can view the details of a card in the Linked Cards
section. To know more about it, see the View Cards as a Non Team-member in Card Hierarchy
section in the Defining Links Between Cards
To see the detailed description of the immediate child cards, click the Detail View
]. The Detail View
provides the tabular representation of each child card.
Fig.5: Detail View
- Each child card is placed in a separate row with information like card ID, Title,Current Queue,Board,Estimate,Priority,Due Date and Progress bar. Hovering over that bar shows the completion percentage.
- If a child card is flagged, then it is visible under ID column.
Example:In the following image,SKB63 card is having two flags on it.
Note: The completion percentage of a child card is calculated based on two scenarios: A Whether it is archived, or B the number of its immediate child cards which are archived.
- To get further details of any child card, double-click the card row. The Card Details view is displayed.
Calculating the Completion Percentage of a Parent Card
Earlier the completion of a Parent Card is calculated based on the number of its leaf cards (child and grand-child) which are archived.
Now, the same calculation for the Parent Card will be based on the completion of its immediate child cards.
In the above example, based on the latest formula, the completion percentage of same parent card A will be: