The ‘Card’ layout in SwiftKanban is designed to fit your most generic requirements, giving you maximum information on the card. Let’s take a quick look at the card anatomy.
Accessing the features using Icons: We have organized the icons such that most frequently-used features are quickly accessible as icons. SwiftKanban presents you a clutter-free, yet informative card layout. To access the card-specific features, hover over the card and you will see a bunch of icons. The other features that are less frequently used, are available in the Options menu as shown in the image below.
The color of the card
on the footer indicates whether it is a User Story, Defect, or an Issue. The legend
is available on the Kanban Board Auto-hide toolbar.
- ID :- View Card Details by clicking the card ID or click the arrow on the lower panel (9) at the right to scroll through the attributes shown on the card.
- Title Text :- This is the card title. On clicking, it opens the card for editing the details, Add/track comments, Update To-Dos, and add/download/remove attachments.
- Block/Unblock Card :- Block cards by clicking the 'Block' icon to indicate that you are stuck and provide reasons for blocking the card. It is marked as ‘Blocked’. To unblock the card, click the ‘Blocked’ icon and state the reason for unblocking.
- Comments and Attachments:- To view or add comments to the card, click the 'Comments' icon. Similarly, to attach files to the card, click the Attachments icon. If a new comment or attachment is added to the card, the icon turns green for next the 24 hours, and then turns orange for the next 24 hours before it fades back to the default color.
- Tasks :- To View/Add/Update progress of Tasks in a User Story, click the Tasks icon.
- Options:- Click the Options icon and select from the menu:
- Archive Card:- Archive card that you can pull to the board later.
- Clone Card:- Create a duplicate card that copies the card attributes, To-Dos, and attachments.
- Convert Card: Convert card to another card type. For example, User Story to Defect.
- Delete Card:- Delete a card permanently from a board.
- Linked Cards: View the card relationships with other cards and also establish new links.
- View Log:- View Log of the card movements that happened on the Kanban Board by clicking the View Log icon that flips the card.
- Move to Backlog: Move the card from the board to the backlog if you do not want to continue work on it, and can pull to the board later, if required.
- Move To (Another Lane): Move card from current lane to another lane. On hovering over the 'Move To' option, another menu appears displaying Smart Lanes available on the board and on hovering over the Smart Lanes, the different queues on the Smart Lane are shown. Click the required queue/lane to which the card has to be moved.
- Transfer to (Another Board): Moves card from queue of current board to the desired queue of another board.
Following are the steps to move the current card to another board:
Hover the mouse on ‘Transfer To’ option. It displays the list of all the boards you are a part of.
Hover on the desired board and it displays the list of its respective lanes followed by respective queues.
Select the queue to which you wish to transfer the card and confirm the transfer.
You can move cards to only those boards of which you are a member.
Card will always get transferred in your name.
If the Smart Lanes of the target board are defined as per card attributes, then depending on the attributes of the current card, target lanes will be displayed for selection.
For example: Let’s assume that Smart Lanes of the target board is defined as per size and the size of your current card is L. Then while transferring; only ‘L’ lane option will be available.
- Hierarchy: The Hierarchy icon indicates that the card belongs to a hierarchy (parent-child relationship) or has linked cards (traceability link between cards). Click the icon to view the card hierarchy/other links. Note: The Hierarchy icon on the card will be available on the card if the Card Hierarchy feature (Beta) is enabled in your application. If you want to use this feature, we can make it available to you. Do drop an email to our support team at
to enable this in your account. See Defining Card Hierarchy help page for more details.
- Avatar or Picture Profile: Your picture or Avatar on the card helps to easily identify the card owner and also reassign the card to one or more team members. You can also select multiple owners for a card from the list of available users by using <Ctrl + Click> or <Shift + Click> in the Microsoft® Windows or <Command-Click> on the Mac OS®.. In case of multiple owners , the profile picture changes to multiple people image and on mouse-hover displays the names of all owners.
- Card Attributes:- Card attributes are displayed on the card which can be scrolled through by clicking the Next and Previous arrows on the right . The Estimates, Rank, Class of Service appears as entered in the card. You can configure what attributes you want to see on the card carousel and in what order.
All red stars- Critical
All yellow stars- High
Two yellow stars and one blue star – Medium
One yellow star and two blue stars – Low
- Flag:- Flags on cards can be used to draw attention on specific cards where a Risk or an Issue is identified, or attributes are updated by card owners. To enable or disable a card, click the flag icon.
Any team member can raise a flag, however, only the same team member is able to remove the flag.
If there are multiple owners assigned to a card, the Card Chat icon will be available additionally on the card carousel, next to the Comment icon. This feature enables the card owners to get into a private discussion amongst themselves in the context of the card.