Configuring Board Policies
To enforce better collaboration and compliance of the established processes, you can define additional policies for movement of cards on the board.
To activate the policies, navigate to your Kanban board, and click the Modify Process
icon on the Auto-hide toolbar.
In the Board Editor view, click the Other Policies
icon on the toolbar. Various policies are displayed.
: Based on the assigned role on the board, user can view the Other Policies icon.
Select the policies you want to apply on the board:
- Make comment entry mandatory on card movement: When team members move a card from one lane to another, the comment window appears, where they must enter comments. The policy helps the team to stay updated (by tracking the Comments section of the card) when cards change lanes.
- Alert team members if the cards are moved without task closure: If the card has To-Dos that have not been closed, the Complete Pending To-Dos window appears before the card moves to the next lane. Team members can update the Current State of the pending To-Do. On clicking the 'Mark All as Complete icon' on the To-Do toolbar, the pending To-Dos are automatically set to 'Completed'. The policy proposes team members to close the pending To-Dos, but does not restrict from pulling the card to the next lane or keeping the To-Do as pending.
- Attach reason code while card Blocking: When blocking a card, besides adding the comment for blocking, team members can select the reason code for blocking, i.e. Insufficient Information, WIP Limit Exceeded, or On Hold. This enables tracking the reasons for blocking cards.
- Set default card type as <select any of the card types configured on your board>: When team members add card on the board, the default card type set here appears automatically in the Card Type list in the Add card window. The policy saves time in selecting the card type manually, that are mostly added on the board. You can set card types that have been enabled for your board.
Restrict Queue WIP Limit Violation:
- Track WIP limit violation reason : When team members pull a card violating the WIP limit of that lane, they have to enter the reason for violation in the Comments window. The comments/reason entered on WIP violation are shown under the 'Comments' section of the Card and in the board 'Activity Log'. This policy helps to track the reason behind WIP limit violation.
It prevents addition or moving of cards to a queue once its WIP limit is reached.
- Auto-assign cards when pulled : When team members pull a card, the card will get automatically assigned to the team member who pulls it. The policy enables automatic assignment, thus keeping correct track of who is working on it as a card owner.
- Highlight cards when they are within  days of their Deadline (Due Date/Release Date) : A card gets highlighted within the defined number of days of a card Due Date or Release Date starting from today.
For Example, If you define the number of days in this field as 3, then all the cards that are having Due Date or Release Date in next 3 days from today will be highlighted.
Note: Cards that have been moved to the Done lane are not highlighted as work on it has already been completed.