Demand analytics focuses on the amount of work being accepted into the Ready lane of your Kanban board at different time stamp. The bar chart shows the stacked bar of card types being pulled into the Ready lane during the selected period.
Filtering the Data Set
- Navigate to Board > ESP Module, and then select the Smart Lane and enter the start and end date for which you want to plot the chart.
- The chart is plotted based on the card count as Unit of Measurement (UoM) in the Capacity analytics page.
- You can perform any of these activities to further refine your search and narrow down the scope of the chart:
- Select any of these attributes: like Item Type, Priority, Size, or Class of Service to plot the chart. You can further refine your filter by selecting particular attribute values. For example, if you have selected ItemType as filtering attribute , then you can further select Change Request and Defect to narrow down the scope of the chart.
- You can also define the Start and End lane to further filter your data on the chart.
As you apply any of these filters, the chart will be refreshed and rendered automatically.
Reading the Diagram
- This is a feeder chart (image 1) where you can specify the date range by dragging the slider.
- Based on your date range (as specified in image 1), the bar chart is rendered showing the graphical statistics of cards that have been pulled into the Ready lane type during various time stamps.
In Image 2, the colored stacked bar shows number of cards being in Ready lane based on their card types. For example, on 17 Nov, there are 3 Document, 3 Enhancement, and 1 User Story Cards in Ready lane.
- Image 3 shows the pie chart of Cards that are in Ready lane during the specified period (as shown in image1). Each color represent certain card , type being in Ready lane during that specified time period.
- Image 4 shows the coefficient of variance ratio in the Gauge or Speedometer chart. The ratio is calculated based on following formula = Deviation in Pulling cards into Ready Lane / Average count of Cards in Ready Lane. The health of coefficients is gauged from Green being well-coefficient to Red being non-coefficient.
- The Bar Chart in image 5 renders relation between number of cards on Ready lane with number of days they are in Ready lane. For example, in this image, no cards are pulled into Ready lane for 30 days, whereas only 1 card has been pulled into Ready lane in 10 days.
Interpreting the Diagram
Demand Analytics help you visualize the capability to pull work into your system. It shows how steadily and extensively you are committing to work by pulling work into the Ready lane.