Using SwiftKanban, you can measure throughput in terms of number of cards delivered for a specified period. You can also track the break-up of the cards delivered, based on a specific attribute such as priority, class of service, size and so on. Using SwiftKanban, a SCRUM team can effectively plan a Release or Sprint by measure throughput in terms of card estimates or points delivered in a Release or Sprint.
So, you can derive following key information from this Throughput chart:
- Track how much effort your team has reported as complete for each release or time period.
- Estimate how much backlog effort your team can handle in future releases / time period, if your team composition and duration stay constant.
On the Throughput
page, click the Filter
icon on the auto-hide toolbar. Select the following options in the filter pop-up, and click Apply
- Start and End Date: Select both these dates from the calendar to limit the scope of data.
- Time Period: Snapshot of time (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and so on) for Throughput to be rolled on X axis of the chart.
- Plot Chart By: Select the option to view the break-up based on card count or card estimates on Y axis of the chart. Card estimates is calculated based on the Estimate attribute value (as selected in preference by the enterprise) being updated in individual cards.
- Stacked By: Select the option (Priority, Class of Service, Card Type and so on) based on which you want to stack the chart bar
- Card Type: Select the Card Type for which you want to plot the chart.
- Smart Lane: Select the smart lanes from the list box for which you want to plot the chart.
- Start and End Lane: Select the exact stages for which you want to generate by defining the Start Lane and End Lane.
Note: The chart considers the cards that have exited the End Lane in the date range and also cards that may have skipped the Start Lane through the End Lane. Throughput is calculated based on the time the card entered any lane in between the Start lane and the End Lane to the time it was moved out of the End lane. But, if the End Lane is tagged as Done lane type, then the throughput is calculated till the card's entry into the End Lane, not based on its exit from the End Lane.
If you select all or multiple smart lanes for plotting the chart, then the throughput is calculated based on the archived cards and any cards that enter into the Done lane type or move beyond Done lane type.
On the Throughput chart, hover over a bar to view the attribute and the throughput number. The drill-down capability on the Throughput chart helps you analyze the completed cards that contributed to the Throughput number. Click on the bar to see the list of completed cards in a pop-up. You can go to the card details by clicking on a card in the list.