The To-Do board is a one-stop shop for individuals, teams or organizations to efficiently visualize, monitor and manage all To-Do's scattered under various cards on a Kanban board.
1. To access the To-Do board, from the main Kanban board click the
icon on the auto-hide toolbar.
2. The To-Do board is built up in three columns: To-Do, Doing, and Done. The cards in these columns are the To-Do instances extracted from the
a.The To-Do column has all the To-Do in the pending stage.
b.The Doing column has all the To-Do in the in-progress stage.
c.The Done column has all the To-Do in the completed stage.
3.Clicking any of the To-Do cards displays the To-Do section of the original card.
4.You can update the current state and other attributes like owner, applicable column, estimate and others. Based on your update, the representing To-Do card will move to the next stage.
5.To filter the To-Do cards, click the Board Filter icon in the auto-hide toolbar. You can filter cards based on attributes and values like Resource, Applicable Column, and Release. To know more about filter options, see this topic http://help.swift-kanban.com/getting-started/projects/kanban-board/working-with-cards.html#ApplyFilters.
6.To sort the To-Do in ascending or descending order, click the Board Sorter icon in the auto-hide toolbar. To know more about the Board Sorter, see this topic: http://help.swift-kanban.com/getting-started/projects/kanban-board/working-with-cards.html#Sorting Board Cards.
7. To resize the card size views, slide the card size slider on the toolbar up or down to select the Very Small, Small, Medium, or Large Card size views. Each view displays the card information based on the card size.
For example, in the very small view, you can get a broader view of the board but the cards will be shown in the white square box without any information and you need to hover over the card to see the details. But, in the case of the large view, you may have to scroll horizontally to view the entire board, but can view the full card details including the card title without hovering over it. The zoom level that you select persists across sessions.
8.To view the full details of attributes and the current state of the To-Do card in the card view mode, click the slider button in the card.
Accessing To-Do List View
You can also access the To-Do’s in the List view. The To-Do list displays all the To-Do instances extracted from the To-Do section of various cards on the main Kanban board.
1.To access the To-Do List view, go to the Board menu, Cards, and then select Todo.
To-Do’s are placed in the tabular format where each column represents ID of the parent card, a unique number of the To-Do, name and various other attributes like Current State, Lane, Applicable Column, To-Do Owner and others.
3.To filter the list based on one or more attribute values, click the Filter button on the auto-hide toolbar. Enter the text in the empty filter text boxes above the required column, or select the required option from the drop-down list. To know more about filter, see this topic
4.To export the To-Do’s into the Excel or CSV format, click the Export icon in the auto-hide toolbar.
Calendar View in the To-Do Board
The To-Do board also has the calendar view which you can use to view the schedule of the To-Dos. You can view the To-Do Calendar in Monthly or Weekly format.
To open the Calendar, click the Calendar View (Cards by Due Date) icon on the auto-hide toolbar of your To-Do Board. The Calendar opens in a divided pane with the To-Do Board at the left.
It opens the current month calendar, with the current date highlighted by default. The To-Do cards having due date in the month, are shown in the minimized view, placed in the dates. To get the detailed card information. hover over the card. If you don’t find your card in the calendar, ensure that you have set the due date for the card and scroll through the months to see your card.
- Week-wise Calendar: To track the weekly schedule of work, click the Week icon on the Calendar header. The view displays the current week starting Monday through Sunday. To scroll through the weeks, click the Next Week (>) arrow and Previous week (<) arrows. To scroll through years, click the Next Year (>>) arrow and click the Previous Year (<<) arrow to go back to the previous years.
- Month-wise Calendar: To track the monthly schedule of work, click the Month icon on the Calendar header. The view displays the calendar for the current month. To scroll through the weeks, click the Next Month (>) arrow and Previous Month (<) arrows. To scroll through years, click the Next Year (>>) arrow and click the Previous Year (<<) arrow to go back to the previous years.