SwiftKanban – Interface Introduction
Swift Kanban interface has been designed with great care to enable quick and easy access to the modules and includes many new paradigms. Let’s take a quick look at the various interface elements:
1. Quick Links :- On clicking the following quick links on the top-right, you can access:-
- Search:- Search cards on the board, backlog, and across boards based on the search string entered.
- Quick Tour: Provides help on features / icons available on the view in context. For new users, the onboarding video tutorials are also available.
- Notifications :- On subscribing to receive notifications in the Notification widget, you will be notified for various events occurring such as a card is added, blocked by a user, or WIP is violated, etc. You will even see Instant Notification pop-up at the bottom-right corner. By clicking the highlighted link in the pop-up, you can navigate to the card. To subscribe, click the Settings icon in the Notification widget, you can subscribe to receive notifications by mail, and/or Notifications widget.
- Inbox :- The Inbox widget shows a list of five latest backlog items (User Stories/Defects/ Issues) and To-Dos, where you are assigned as the ‘Owner’ in the Kanban board. You can click an Inbox row to navigate to the work-item and view its details. To view a list of all items assigned to you, click View All.
- Recent Boards: The Recent Boards widget not only lists five recently accessed boards, but also enables quick navigation. The corresponding icons-Kanban Board, Analytics, and Backlog indicate quick links on the board.
- Help & Support:- Links to access SwiftKanban help resources, Improve and share SwiftKanban publicly, etc.
- Feedback/Support :- Contribute to the community forum by posting feedback and voting on suggestions/ideas to improve Swift Kanban further.
- Help :- SwiftKanban online help including video tutorials, FAQs, Glossary, and links to important Kanban resources.
- New: The What's new pop-up displays latest feature updates.
- Recommend:- Recommend SwiftKanban to a friend on:
- Google +
2. Module Menu :-On clicking, you can access any of the main modules:-
- Dashboards :- The Dashboard module lets you create a personalized dashboard view using an array of widgets available in the application. Click here to read more about Dashboards.
- Boards :- The Board module lets you create workspaces/boards for managing your work. Each workspace can be managed separately and can have a separate backlog, team members, process and a Kanban board.
- People :- As an administrator, the People module lets you create users in the application, who can be invited to work on different boards. Click here to read more about People menu.
- Admin :- As an administrator, perform administrative activities such as defining card types, enterprise-level settings, etc.
:- Indicates as who you are currently logged in. On clicking the Profile pic (i.e. your user name initials, by default), displays the following links to set up your profile
- View Profile :- Displays your profile, which you can update (Personal Details, Picture, etc.). Also, you can reset your password and subscribe to notifications.
- This is the main application work-area, where work-items are shown in list view or detailed view.
- Change Password: Quick link to change your password, without going to the profile.
- Quick Tour: Quick Tour of the elements on the current page.
- Application Theme Palette: Choose Color Themes for applying to SwiftKanban.
- Logout: Log out of the application.
- About SwiftKanban: Information on the current SwiftKanban version.
4. Breadcrumbs :- Breadcrumbs in SwiftKanban are innovative and designed not only to indicate ‘where you are’ in the application but also displays menus, based on the context, for navigation. For e.g. when you select a board and roll-over mouse on the ‘Board Name’, you can see the board menus.
5. Work Area :- This is the main application work-area, where work-items are shown in list view or detailed view.
6. Auto-hide toolbar. The features available for the module i.e. the screen in context, can be performed using the icons on the Auto-hide toolbar on the left. Just touch the left edge of the screen and the toolbar slides out. The icon names appear on mouse-over. For example, for the List of Boards view, the toolbar displays the Create, Edit, View, etc., based on your Board role.